ActioNet, Inc Senior Computer Security System Specialist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Computer Security System Specialist located in Cambridge, MA. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
Position Description -
Position is established as a Senior Computer Security System Specialist in support of the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is responsible for a wide range of functions associated with implementing, enhancing, operating, and maintaining a variety of information technology systems, including network and communications capabilities, for administrative management of the Volpe Center and mission support for various federal agencies.
The incumbent is responsible for:
Supporting security operations to ensure information system security and accessibility and to prevent unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data maintained by the Volpe Center.
Undertaking operations to ensure compliance with appropriate systems security polices and guidelines.
Assisting in conducting or managing system security evaluations and reviews.
Working with OIT counterparts to address and resolve IT security issues affecting Volpe Federal and contractor employees.
Integrating work conducted by other security system specialists.
Interacting and liaising with security specialists and management in other agencies and offices to fulfill security monitoring, reporting and remediation requirements.
Participating in network and systems design reviews to ensure compliance of appropriate systems security policies and to ensure the application of security policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of IT services within the Center.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs a variety of duties in support Information Security Management in the areas of System Administration, Network Engineering and Data Center Operations.
1) The candidate will participate in initiatives and projects to strengthen, facilitate, and integrate Information System and Network security programs. Undertakes or participates in special projects, ongoing analyses, investigations and initiatives that have high priority for supervisors and management, such as producing complex written reports or working on cross-agency activities.
2) The incumbent will utilize skills covering a wide range of technologies and supporting systems. The incumbent will participate with other Information Technology Specialists in supervising the administration, security, and continuous operation of computer systems and network infrastructure of the Volpe Center.
3) The candidate will implement and/or manage processes that integrate hardware, software, components, systems, subsystems, and/or services to delivery information security services. Assists other technical staff members in compliance and/or mitigation services.
4) The candidate will configure and use software intended to ensure that automated systems are secure from unauthorized use, viral infection, and other problems that would compromise sensitive information in terms of confidentiality, integrity, and availability, or would compromise other aspects of overall system security.
5) The candidate will use judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness when occasionally called to work creatively to modify, adapt, and/or refine responses to resolve specific complex and/or intricate issues and problems; treat specific issues or problems and/or research trends and patterns.
6) The incumbent must be able to hold and maintain a Public Trust Moderate clearance and appropriate security certification credentials (eg, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), a GIAC Security Leadership Certificate (GSLC) and/or a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification).
Incumbent must be knowledgeable in technology related to securing digital information and computer systems, with specialized knowledge of microcomputers, computer workstations, peripheral devices, networking hardware and software, data communication, software utilities, operating systems, system interfaces and commercially available application software, and information security policies –procedures and best practices.
Incumbent must have specific knowledge in the area of Information Technology Security, including:
Knowledge of Information Systems security regulations, procedures and policies, including those related to IST and FISMA standards.
Knowledge of IT hardware, software, components, systems, and/or subsystems, including all widely distributed operating systems, local and wide area network operations technologies and internet/intranet systems technologies.
Knowledge of widely utilized security monitoring, analysis and remediation tools
Knowledge of hardware/software system operational characteristics and appropriate security performance metrics in order to control system security and ensure continuity of operation.
Knowledge of security risk analysis procedures related to change management processes.
Knowledge of forensic analysis procedures
Knowledge of end user security awareness best practices
Incumbent must also have:
Ability to plan and execute work efficiently.
Ability to effectively lead a small team of 2 staff.
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to effectively work with clients and other Managers.
Ability to analyze organizational and operational problems and develop solutions.
Knowledge of IT monitoring policies and procedures.
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor’s Degree
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ActioNet is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. ActioNet’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
The ActioNet Career Center is accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this portal or you need assistance completing the application process, please contact Jonathan Dobles, Technical Recruiter, at 703-204-0090 ext 195 or JDobles@ActioNet.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.