ActioNet, Inc Jr. Programmer in Washington, District Of Columbia
ActioNet is seeking a Jr. Programmer to support our client based in Washington DC.
This role is to provide hands on application support, at the national level, for a complex, mission-critical system. This position offers outstanding self-driven learning potential, expects a high level of commitment, collaboration with various teams and inherent work ethic.
• Identifying the root cause of problems, providing quick solutions to user-reported issues, assisting in software upgrade implementations, and identifying trends to help create better, more robust, and stable products
• Interfacing with technical and non-technical users
• Creating tickets that include details related to the analysis of the root cause of the issue, possible workarounds, and recommended software changes. All software/systems changes are handled by another team
• Participating in after-hours support outside of normal business hours during weekends when required
• Serving as a team member responsible for providing deep level software support to support offices
• Acting as a point of contact to the National Support Desk (NSD) and the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) staff members
• Designated point of contact for all user reported software application features, data, access, and performance related issues unresolved by the NSD or EOC
• Identifying solutions and documenting the processes for remediation of issues
• Working directly with partners using a combination of remote access tools, conference calls, and person-to-person calls
• 2+ years of code development or enterprise application systems support background
• 2+ years of experience in software troubleshooting and operational support.
• 2+ years of application development and implementation experience using a combination tools such as the Atlassian Suite, Git Bitbucket, Open Shift, and Ansible.
• 2+ years of experience in SQL, mySQL, Informix, OutServ, and Linux Versions 6, 7.
• Working knowledge of Java, Perl, web application development (including web services), and Apache Tomcat.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
• Good interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation
• Work independently on a given task with little to minimum assistance and within the framework of a team
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required.
ActioNet is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. ActioNet’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
The ActioNet Career Center is accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this portal or you need assistance completing the application process, please contact Jonathan Dobles, Technical Recruiter, at 703-204-0090 ext 195 or JDobles@ActioNet.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.