ActioNet, Inc Mid-Level Linux Administrator in Washington, District Of Columbia
ActioNet is seeking a Mid-Level Linux Administrator to support our client based in Washington DC. This role is to provide Mid-level technical operational support, administration and maintenance of the production applications. This position offers outstanding self-driven learning potential, expects a high level of commitment, collaboration with various teams and inherent work ethic. This position reports to the Production Support Manager. You will receive initial support and training to compliment the hands-on problem solving and technical skills (Unix/Linux/basic networking/client-server application concepts) you bring to the team, including the support of global, high-availability Red Hat Enterprise Linux clusters and systems. You will have the opportunity to be involved with all facets of support including hardware transitions, OS support, applications support, creation of automated procedures, and performance tuning. This position involves operations and maintenance and special projects.
• Support operating systems, platforms and components such as, Red Hat Linux, JBoss, Apache
• Monitor systems, report, and troubleshoot issues.
• Conduct problem resolution and performance tuning/improvement
• Perform system changes (such as software deployments and upgrades) as directed by senior administrator.
• Participate on-call duties to provide afterhours support.
• Document problems and resolutions in internal and organizational documentation.
• Work with senior administrator to develop system automation process to reduce redundancy and user error.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams for operational support, software deployment, deployment processes and projects.
• Review system and application logs, and backup/verification/restore of system and application data.
• 4+ years of experience in providing enterprise operations support of Redhat Linux Versions 6, 7
• 4+ years of experience in enterprise implementations/build of Redhat Linux Versions 6, 7
• Hands-on technical skills, operational background, problem-solving and analytical skills, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
• Experience with VMware virtualized environments and vRA (Virtual Realize Automation)
• Working technical knowledge of shell scripting in –Shell/Perl, or Python.
• Familiarity of networking concepts such as IP, firewalls, routing and F5. Experience in NFS, SMTP, DNS, and SNMP
• Knowledge and/or working experience in application infrastructure administration of the following platforms: JAVA, JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, MFT/MFITS, Apache httpd
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
• Perform on-call duties including triage, communication of, and resolution of technical issues.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
• Good interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation
• Work independently on a given task with little to minimum assistance and within the framework of a team
• Experience with DevOps, Lean or/and other agile methodologies (not required but a plus)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivale
ActioNet is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age (40 or over), or genetic information. ActioNet’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
The ActioNet Career Center is accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of this portal or you need assistance completing the application process, please contact Jonathan Dobles, Technical Recruiter, at 703-204-0090 ext 195 or JDobles@ActioNet.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.